We have an inspiring home for good music. A home for students and teachers musicians and musicologists, composers and conductors, orchestras and ensembles, choirs and soloists. A place to touch and be touched by good music
Founded in 1945, The Lin and Ted Arison Israel Conservatory of Music has been well known and appreciated in Israel and abroad as a leading school of music. Many of its alumnae are active musicians in Israel and abroad. The Conservatory is a non-profit institution acknowledged by the Ministry of Education. It aims at providing comprehensive musical education for students age 3-18. Each student is given a personalized program tailored to his/her capabilities and pace.
The students enjoy a comprehensive practical and theoretical program. They participate in ensembles, orchestras, choirs and competitions and thus get the opportunity to perform in front of an audience. They equally have free access to concerts offered by the Conservatory Chamber Music Center.
Musical Activity beyond individual instrument lessons:
-Theory and music history, chronicles of the greatest compositions
composers and performers.
– Students may join the Conservatory Choir- ‘Bat Kol’.
– Performing in ensembles and orchestras.
– Participating in the ‘Open House’ weekly concerts
– Piano accompaniment
– Free admission to concerts of the Chamber Music Center
– Composition classes
Both the head of department and the instrument teacher accompany each student from the outset throughout the studies at the Conservatory. Top students are trained by a professional and experienced team of teachers for matriculation exams in music, and are assisted in preparing for the IDF outstanding-musicians exams, academic admission and America-Israel Cultural Foundation Scholarships applications.
- Preschool Music Program
- String Instruments: violin, viola, cello, contrabass; Plucked string instruments: guitar and harp.
- Wind Instruments and Percussion: Wind Instruments: recorder, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, French horn, trombone, saxophone, baritone and tuba.
- Percussion: xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, timpani and drums.
- Jazz: piano, guitar, contrabass, electric contrabass, drums, saxophone, trumpet, trombone.
- Early Music: Baroque recorders, Cembalo, Viola da Gamba, Traverso, Celtic Harp as well as stylistic singing.
- Voice Department: personal and group voice lessons, “Bat-Kol” Choir.
- Theory and Musicianship.
Terms of Admission:
- Preschool Music Program – no admission exams
- Instruments and Voice classes’ admission exams: aural skills, rhythmus, coordination and musical memory.